2/06/2008

Twister


Hey world! I am thoroughly enjoying a lot of the art that I have been seeing lately, on all the blogs , from the professionals as well as all my people here at Ringling. It just seems like everyone is bringing it extra hard this year, pulling no punches and doing what they do best. It is very inspiring to see stuff like this. It brings... sniff… a tear to my eye. It is art and a work ethic like this that gives me hope that Armageddon has not yet arrived. And believe me there are signs, Soulja boy nominated for a Grammy!!! Come on people!!! Well with that aside I have been hard at work like usual on a number of projects; this recent one was for my digital illustration class. The assignment was to redesign any game box, I picked Twister. Why Twister you ask? It’s a true classic and just a great excuse for people to touch each other. I tried to push the concept as far as I could with out deviating from the main idea, people interacting. Only problem was that in my attempt to craft a wonderful illustration, I some how forgot to base my design around the type, after all it is a game box. A few of my graphic design friends had a field day with this. They told me I managed to make it almost impossible to incorporate type. I finally settled on the one you see here, but I will definitely plan better next time.

5 comments:

J. Fiorino said...

Hey this turned out really cool man! I like your final decision on the text. The people overlaping the word "twister" is nice and it leaves that top left corner as comfortable negative space. Keep it up!

gumkid said...

yeah man looks good, and dont hate on SOul ja boy bro, jk

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

the style looks greats. you're right about the type, that was a terrible design choose. i would remove it and try it somewhere else.

gumkid said...

I agree with john, and also, im doing pretty good, how about you bro, how was sterling's visit

George Cwirko-Godycki said...

whoa! i love all your drawings, totally awesome