3/13/2008

Mega post!!!!




More photos of the con can be found on Adam Volkers blog



This past weekend the class and I took a trip to Mega Con to represent Ringling. In all honesty it was the strangest and most exhausting con that I had ever been too. Everyone had a blast running around spending hard earned cash on awesome comics. I got my hands on some vintages issues of the Spirit and struck gold with some of Mike Mignolas older work... Wolverine Jungle Adventure and Batman Gotham by Gas light. It was great to hang out with the Ringling crew just spending time in the booth drawing, joking and geeking out on all the strange scenery.

Jared Fiorino and I were asked to design this year’s mega con banner. We decided that the banner should have a sketch book feel, so we compiled tons of drawings from everyone into one MEGA BANNER of epic proportions. Its got fast-food, fast cars, space chicks, skulls! Everything the average comic geek could dream of, but looking back at it if we just covered the banner with tons of strange anime furries and thrown Naruto somewhere on it we would have probably gotten more attention from the crowed.

Oh in between geeking out and drawing I managed to get some more work done on Thesis and my entry for the Beasts! Book published by Fantagraphics. Apparently one of the artists dropped out so they had a call for entries. Needless to say my piece was not selected. However the piece that was selected, as well as other awesome pieces, can be found on the Beasts! blog. Congratulations to Jennifer Tong for getting picked and a shout out to Oliver, Andrew, Francis, Orlando and everyone else for getting into Society!

take it easy

- Dd

7 comments:

Jeff said...

i love your work, and can't wait to see u graduate and become famous!

from,
Nikki your sis

gumkid said...

dude, the beast thing is awsome, i dunno why it didnt get picked. treatment on the rock is sweet

Sorrentino said...

hey dood the work looks stellar, the books came out beautiful, i hope all is well~cheers!

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Love the poster. hope to see some pages soon.

gumkid said...

hey man, thax for the comment, I dont know what the dream is about, I just remember this wierd image and cnt get it out of my head. I've been working on getting into gallerys and trying to develope a style man. I know senior year is tough, but thats teh best year man. pc

Jared Fiorino said...

Hey amigo your Eric Golem kicks ass! It should have gotten into BEASTS!

digant sutar said...

its awesome....
u hv captured force amezingly...