5/21/2008

Hey World




Since graduation, these past few weeks have been pretty calm. I can't wait to get my hands dirty with a few pending projects, but since half my studio is still in boxes, the ability to do work has been anything but easy. I did however manage to bang out some sketch book pages on my mom's kitchen table. Even with her nervously eying my inks and paints.
On another note big shout out to Charlene Chua and Kristal Raelene Melson, for featuring Oliver Dominguez and myself on their blog Illustrophile. It’s a great blog that features a new artist every weekday, you should check it out.

Illustration Academy 08!! I would love to know who else is attending. Until then peace.

-Dd

7 comments:

Francis Vallejo said...

Hi,

My name is Francis Vallejo, and I want to say that I love your work! I found you through Illustrophile and I'm glad I did. I will be attending the Illustration Academy this summer and I can't wait to see your work in person!

Andrew R. Wright said...

I have heard about that Francis kid...they say he likes to track you down and look through your window while your changing...all I am saying is be carefull...

You two are going to tear up the academy!! See you the third week between june 16 and june 22.

Eric Sweetman said...

Hey. How's life after graduation? I've got a trip to Atlanta next week to interview at Carter's. It's about time because money is running low. Stay in touch and link to me dammit!
Sweetmanillustrations.blogspot.com

gumkid said...

yo man, damn nice drawings man, jees, absolutely alive. a couple of kids from my school are going up there, you should show them whats up

Josh Burch said...

awesome stuff, im totally cheating off your tests at the academy... oh wait

victoriaying said...

incredible! such wonderful molskine sketches! the warm n the face and hands are amazing

Rich Pellegrino said...

That second one is great for too many reasons. The color is wonderfully subtle. But the characters are actually alive. Each one has their own thoughts and motivations. You really brought them to life here. Good work.