11/07/2008

For Mother Russia! or hot chicks with guns...

I was invited by the good folks at Rotopol press to participate in the upcoming RUSSEN exhibition. While doing my research, I sat back and asked my self, what are my personal experiences with Russia? Unfortunately the only experiences I have ever had with anything even remotely Russian, could be summed up with a few rounds of Golden eye. So to honor the countless hours I have spent shooting up the KGB, and drooling over those sexy Russian double agents I give you Codename: Matryoshka

Piece by yours truly :

dustindarnault-websave
Rotopol Poster:

untitled
The show will also feature my good buddy Francis Vallejo along with 44 artists from 9 different countries.
Hope you dig!
-Dd

6 comments:

Sam Bosma said...

Man, that looks great. Nesting dolls and sex-spies are two of my only conceptions of Russian culture, also. It's pretty sweet to see how your paintings relate to your ink work. I love seeing how different people work different mediums. Keep it up (obviously).

Roland said...

Dig it for sure. Very strong image and very stylish.

Adam Tamte Volker said...

this came out badass Double D

Kyle McCullough said...

Thanks for the kind words,
Sweet piece man love the composition. Hope all is well man....later

-kyle

michelle housel said...

Nice!! Dustin!

... Seriously sweet.

Sorrentino said...

These are great dood, and Golden is friggin classic!! Beautiful use of colors!!