1/20/2009

wolves, redheads, hotrods and a brand new year!

What up people! It has been a bit hectic around here and a minute since my last real post. No worries though, where I lack in posts, I make up with artwork.The guys over at 321agency were nice enough to ask me to be apart of there Robot Love show. The show is 3 nights of complete sensory overload, full of awesome art and banging music. If your in the Melbourne area make sure you stop on by and check it out!

The piece is titled: Joy ride!
watercolor, ink and a touch of acrylic.



Reel FX just had there first ever Canvas for a Cause charity show. All the proceeds from the event will go to benefit the Children's Medical Center (CMC). The show will be up for the next few weeks so if your in the Dallas area make sure you swing by.

Like a good illustrator I waited until the night before... and decided to do some experimenting.
I know, I know Mr. Weber I will give you your brushes back when I am good and ready.


I hope everyone's year is off to a good start.

-Dd

14 comments:

John Ofori said...

both really strong pieces, can I be friends with you? I like your style . Really those are really good . I think you can hang on to Weber's brushes for a bit.

Orlando Sanchez said...

That looks great man. I love those hot rods, awesome job on the dynamic composition too.

Carly said...

I like! The way the first one is sort of back lit is really cool

Andrew R. Wright said...

Don't listen to Ofori, he is frenchified...

Awesome stuff man! Your rockin it.

Oliver Dominguez said...

Sup man! Love the wolf piece. Your getting more loose with your strokes..thats good, and love the composition. Great stuff man!

Cheers,

Oliver

Sarah said...

Loooooooove that wolf piece. It's badass. :)

Timothy J Lamb said...

you are so talented man, yours is one of my favorite blogs!
to answer your question, i work as a vis dev artist at dreamworks animation in LA

Nikolas Guardia said...

Hey man, i'm really liking the mix of mediums on the Joy Ride piece. Joe Thiel told us you're full time at ReelFX. you're an insperational dude. Thanks.

Ruki said...

I like those wolves, it's a very sweet drawing :)

Illink said...

I love the second piece. Love the brush work on the fur of the wolves. Beautiful!

Matthew Lopez said...

cool dude, that joy ride is fun to look at.

Rampian said...

Hi, Dustin
Great work. The style of the "magnificent mustache" and the car mechanic piece on your website would work well for picture books. Have you ever thought about doing kids' books? I'm a children's book editor and would love to have some of your samples for me illustration files.

Best,

Abigail Samoun
abigail.samoun@tenspeed.com

Jessica L Clark said...

Hey Dustin,
Hows it going?
Love your compositions, I'd like to give that fuzzy beast a hug too.

Chelsea Greene Lewyta said...

Ou, I love this!