5/05/2009

The Find

My brother has been writing for this online magazine entitled ‘The Find” for a few issues now. Two months back he gives me a call asking if I would be interested in doing the design/layout for their fourth issue. My knee jerk reaction was to say no, after all I am an illustrator so why bother burdening myself with such a large project, which has nothing to do with my portfolio. Later that day it then dawned on me; if handled correctly The Find might be a great opportunity to challenge myself, collaborate and hopefully produce something that will really help elevate hip-hop, a musical genre that I hold in very high esteem! Fast foreword to now and we are finally finished!!

Big thanks to Danny V. , his crew of writers, and my brother for putting together some great articles! Big shout out to Francis Vallejo, Eric Bonhomme, Orlando Sanchez, Tyler Schatz, and Oliver Dominguez for producing some down right amazing illustrations! Also I would like to thank Alan Martinez and Jihad Lahham for there advice on the design, your critiques were very helpful!

enjoy!

-Dd

9 comments:

mclean said...

Nice presentation man, looks goooood. I think everyone really brought their A-Game on it!

Heaps said...

Also a biiiiig word of thanks to all the designers from me on behalf of all writers :)

Looks VERY good!

- Danny

Eric Orchard said...

Looks fantastic!

Duncan Barton said...

Good job man! And the last sketchbook post is kicking all sorts of ass. I love the acrylic wash stuff you do.

Jarrett said...

HUGE fan.

Nikolas Guardia said...

Hey man, It was good seeing you in sarasota last weekend. Hope you had fun. The magazine, and everyone's work looks awesome.

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

Dude, that whole book is ridiculous!. I never knew how good Orlando got either. AMAZING!

Bombproof said...

AWESOME man, quite an accomplishment, SICK.

Daniel Fishel said...

Looks great dudes! Any way other illustrators can get in on it. :D