9/28/2009

Marvel Mondays!

Marvel-Mondays_spidey_01-copy What's marvel Mondays you ask? Well I fondly remember drawing Marvel characters when I was young. I would pour over issues of Amazing Spiderman, and copy every panel. Needless to say like most illustrators, this is where it all began. Then you grow up, go to art school, and think you’re going to be some amazing painter or editorial illustrator … only to graduate and realize all you ever wanted to do was draw Spiderman. It’s funny how things come full circle.  Anyways to put it simply I realized I haven't honestly tried to draw a Superhero pin-up since…well high school, and no doodles don’t count! So now every Monday I am going to do a sketch of a Marvel character (as well as other comic characters) Apparently I am off to a “great” start since I just barely made the post today. Let’s see how long this lasts…

Stay cool True Believers!

-Dd

10 comments:

Tyler said...

nice man, your style works well with spidey!

Jens said...

hope you keep up with it! this is really great.

Byron said...

Dude! I'll do it with you. Welp, better get to it.

Francis Vallejo said...

hell yeah!

robyn hyzy said...

Great idea- Marvel Mondays! Your Spiderman is pretty cool. I look forward to Mondays!

mick statham said...

Nice. A I like my Spidey lean looking.

Matt Gayle said...

with great power comes great responsibility to continue posting.... sorry it was just too tempting to pass up saying!

Dustin d'Arnault said...

that's the best comment ever Matt! Hhahaha...god I am a nerd...

-Dd

Illink said...

Feelin the new blog! Nice Spidey Sketch!

Jared Fiorino said...

Spidey's the coolest! Nice work D!