11/29/2009

Comics!

 DD_wgmdn_lineart_page01whengoodman_01_dustin_darnault
So last year I was asked to submit to Image’s comic book anthology POPGUN. Unfortunately my story did not make the final cut and has been sitting on my hard drive for who knows how long. Since the latest volume is being released I figured it was okay to dust it off and show it. This was my homage to those old “Creepy and Eerie” comics. I had a blast putting it together! Big thanks to the Popgun team for the opportunity!   
*You can read the whole thing on here. While I set up a PDF.
Man, this thing feels sOoOoOo old now…
-Dd

9 comments:

Lamar M said...

first to comment! pretty nice man. I love the top image. definitely improvements since then.

Aaron Rossell said...

what a haunting story--and the drawings really kick ass. Love the way you tied in subtle foreshadowing.

michelle housel said...

Love love the comic page. amazing composition!
The characters all remind me of people from my home town...... they're all kind of white trash-ey. Love it!

Oliver Dominguez said...

Awesome story man. The drawings are great. You did some changes to it right?

Cheers,

Oliver

Dustin d'Arnault said...

Thanks guys! Ummm it was a long time ago, I did make some changes but I can't remember what they were. I think it was mostly dialogue.

mick statham said...

Real nice pages Dustin. Very creepy and atmospheric. Those popgun guys must be crazy.

Benjamin Plouffe said...

THe pages look nice. I really like the look of black and white ink. Too bad it didnt make the final cut. I wonder what did =p

/ben

Duncan Barton said...

You rule the ink washes dude. It really inspires me to make comics again!

Dustin d'Arnault said...

Thanks guys for all the support. I am glad you enjoyed the read!