2/01/2010

My Day Job

So I finally got around to archiving all my work from last year, and I realized there has yet to be a Reel FX related post on this here blerg. Allow me to remedy that. Here are a few  note worthy project I have worked on in the last year and a half. The first few illustrations date back to when I was a lowly apprentice.
Pitch boards   
*Play-doh spot- designed monkey.
*Transformers spot- helped design, and create elements (texturing, matt paintings and orthographic drawings) Textured Optimus in the beginning. yay!
*Coors Light spot- created the matt painting of the mountains.
*Inerstate Batteries spot- more matt painting… (mostly snow, I know very glamorous!)
 
I also filmed this little gem with a few of my buddies:
Credits: Yashar Kassai, Dustin dArnault, Justin Harder, Nader Husseini, Some Kids.
Filmed in one day in October.
Edited the following day in October.
Song by Phoenix.
You can find more of our video adventures on our basik website. (But you already knew that! Right? Right!)
There are loads more but I think these are the most note worthy.  Anyways I do have a ton of personal work to post in the near future.
This is my 100th post! YAY ME!
-Dd

13 comments:

Tyler Schatz said...

dustin your nutty monkey is the king of all cocoa nutty monkies




great stuff though man, love the first montage painting!

Watts said...

AWWWesome!! I especially love the top illustrated ones, I like seeing you style seep in there. The Urban kids and Horse scenes are sick.

Sweet man, sweet:)

Lamar Mathurin said...

holy shit. awesome stuff man!

Carly said...

Holy crap! It's so cool to find out your friends made stuff you see around all the time. Keep up the good work, Dustin!

Dustin d'Arnault said...

Thanks guys I am glad you dig the work!

oliverd_876@Hotmail.com said...

Awesome work man, Love the Barry the bear skit. Sick stuff man.

Jordie Bellaire said...

How's it feel to be a bad ass?

Be honest.

Kenny Callicutt said...

haha, What Jordie Said

Nikolas Guardia said...

Overwhelmingly cool stuff, man. This post reminded me to ask you, is there a link to a ReelFX internship, or any info you have on one? thanks in advance!

szitta said...

Way, Wayy cool man.

Hope you're doing well!

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

ridiculous amazing. I can't believe I'm just checking this out. nice work.

luis espinosa said...

SICK work my friend. Looks like you're really getting your hands dirty with some crazy work. Looks like fun man.

jazzlamb said...

KILLER for a 100th post. Love all of it. Theres a lot of range of styles and treatments. So good!